WHAT TO BRING
1. COSPLAY Cat ears, accessories, fashion, and cosplay are encouraged! Don’t worry, if you accidentally leave your cat ears at home, many of our exhibitors can hook you up. Don’t forget a sewing kit or safety pins in case of wardrobe malfunction.
2. Good walking shoes. CatCon is at the Pasadena Convention Center covering four exhibit halls full of kitty goodness plus seminars in the Civic Auditorium, and you won’t want to miss any of it!
3. A Backpack. All attendees will receive a CatCon tote bag but if you’re planning to do some serious retailing, a backpack will give you a convenient place to store all your treasures.
4. Your smartphone, with the most recent updates of your favorite social apps and the CatCon app. Download the CatCon app for the latest info, schedules, exhibitor and sponsor lists! Wait ‘til you see the interactive booths our vendors and sponsors have in store for you! Capture the fun with #CatCon and be sure to follow us @catconworldwide on Snapchat, Instagram,Twitter and Facebook!
5. Phone Charger – since your smartphone will get a workout. The CatNappers Lounge in Hall C is where you can go to meet friends, rest, and recharge yourself and your phone!
6. A Sharpie – for autograph opportunities with Julie Newmar, Moshow, Kitten Lady, Lil BUB, Nala and her sibs, Oskar the Blind Cat… Your official CatCon keepsake program will have places for all your favorites to sign!
7. A small hairbrush and lip balm. For those last minute touchups to help you look your best when snapping pix with your cat-loving icons like Aaron Benitez and Chris Poole.
8. Your wallet. We’ve got so many wonderful booths full of art, fashion, jewelry and gear for your cat. Most of our vendors are equipped with credit card readers, but cash works, too, and usually makes your transactions quicker.
9. Kleenex. “They Put the Special in Special Needs” is just one of the seminars that is bound to bring on the tears.
10. Your Signficant Other, Kids, or Roommates. CatCon is an experience you’ll want to share, and if you decide to adopt a new family member from the Rachael Ray Nutrish Furrever Home Adoption Lounge, all family members should be present to meet the cat.
WHAT TO LEAVE AT HOME
Your cat. We know some of you have extremely well-trained cats, some of whom even walk happily on-leash. But CatCon can get very loud and crowded, and even the best-behaved cat would be unhappy in that situation. We definitely want to ensure the safety of our pets as well as our human guests, so we will deny entry to any attendees who show up with a cat at the door.
If you adopt a cat from the Rachael Ray Nutrish Furrever Home Adoption Lounge, they will take care of it until you’re ready to go. For the safety of all, you will not be permitted to walk the floor with your new cat. Read all about adoptions at CatCon here.