5 Things to Bring to CatCon (And 1 Thing to Leave Behind)
This year marks CatCon’s fifth Anni-furr-sary! To celebrate, we’re making lists of fives!
WHAT TO BRING
1. COSPLAY. Cat ears, accessories, fashion, and kitty cosplay are encouraged! Don’t worry, if you accidentally leave your cat ears at home, many of our exhibitors can hook you up. On Saturday, June 29th, you can sign up at the Information Booth to enter the Furrocious Fashion Face Off, where you could win fabulous prizes!
2. Your smartphone, with the most recent updates of your favorite social apps and the CatCon app. Download the CatCon app for iPhone and Android for the latest info, schedules, exhibitor and sponsor lists! The debut of our 5000 foot catstravaganza PURRADISE CITY is full of one-of-a-kind Instagrammable moments, and there are loads more experiences in store for you for our fifth anni-FUR-sary celebration!
3. A small hairbrush and lip balm or lipstick. For those last minute touchups to help you look your best when snapping pix with your favorite cat-loving icons like Angela Kinsey, Nathan the Cat Lady and Cats of Instagram!
4. Your wallet. We’ve got 200 booths full of art, fashion, jewelry and gear for you and your cat. Most of our exhibitors are equipped with credit card readers, but cash works, too, and usually makes your transactions quicker.
5. Your Signficant Other, Kids, or Roommates. CatCon is an experience you’ll want to share, and if you decide to adopt a new family member from the CatCon Adoption Village, all family members should be present to meet the cat.
WHAT TO LEAVE AT HOME
Your cat. We know some of you have extremely well-trained cats, some of whom even walk happily on-leash. But CatCon can get very loud and crowded, and even the best-behaved cat would be unhappy in that situation. We definitely want to ensure the safety of our pets as well as our human guests, so we will deny entry to any attendees who show up with a cat at the door.
If you adopt a cat at CatCon, our adoption partner Best Friends Animal Society will take care of it until you’re ready to go. For the safety of all, you will not be permitted to walk the floor with your new cat. Read all about adoptions at CatCon here.
Sign up here to be the first to know about the latest CatCon news! From now until December 23rd, 20 CatCon subscribers will be chosen for giveaways of the hottest holiday gifts for cat lovers! LEARN MORE