CatCon From Your Couch 2020 Charities
Giving back to cats and the people who care for them is at the heart of all we do at CatCon. Over the past five years, Ticket Out, Inc. (parent company of CatCon and Cat Art Show) has donated over $250,000 to FixNation, Lil BUB’s Big Fund, Kitten Rescue, Milo’s Sanctuary, Odd Cat Sanctuary, RedRover, TinyKittens, and the Ian Somerhalder Foundation.
This year, it’s more important than ever that we show our support of worthy charities at CatCon From Your Couch. Cat welfare charities will be on hand to show you how YOU can help cats in need! $5 from every ticket sold goes to benefit this year’s charity partners across the U.S.:
1. The Ferndale Cat Shelter is a non-profit 501(c)3 dedicated to providing medical care, adoption services, foster homes and trap-neuter-release programs for felines in the Ferndale, MI area and beyond. As a no-kill organization, their mission is to improve the lives of felines in the Metro Detroit community and elevate the standards of cat guardianship and adoption.
2. Luxe Paws is a part time, volunteer street rescue effort laser-focused on TNR (Trap/Neuter/Return) spay/neuter & rescue for the youngest, most at-risk kitties in the LA neighborhoods of Los Feliz/Silver Lake/Echo Park. Their ultimate goal is to inspire a neighborhood-based spay/neuter support model which prevents unwanted animals suffering on the street and being killed at our city shelters.
3. Since 1944, North Shore Animal League America has been saving the lives of defenseless dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens — over 1,100,000 to date. Their vision is a future in which all companion animals find responsible, loving homes where they are free from abuse, hunger, fear, and loneliness and receive the care and respect they deserve. They are headquartered in Port Washington, N.Y.
4. Planned PEThood is a 501(c0(3) nonprofit animal welfare organization based in Duluth, GA. They are dedicated to helping pets and the people who care for them with innovative programs and affordable services.
5. Red Rover staff and volunteers provide temporary emergency sheltering, resources, financial assistance and emotional support when animals and people are in crisis. They empower educators to help kids develop empathy and awareness of animals’ well-being and increase awareness about the importance of the human-animal bond. Their headquarters are in Sacramento, California.
Remember that $5 from every ticket you buy goes to benefit these charities!
CatCon From Your Couch is happening virtually October 10 – 11, 2020! Although CatCon 2020 is taking place online, we will continue our mission to spread joy and goodness to cats and the people who love them. TICKETS ON SALE SEPTEMBER 1, 2020!