PRESENTED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
This year, the CatCon Adoption Village was presented in partnership with 9Lives® Cat Food and World’s Best Cat Litter™, and our adoption partner, Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA.
What is The Pasadena Humane Society?
The Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA is a donor-supported, nonprofit organization that provides animal care and services for homeless and owned animals in the Greater Los Angeles Area. The organization is dedicated to promoting humane treatment and compassionate care for all animals. The animals in our care come from 11 animal control contract cities, as well as partner shelters across the Los Angeles area and beyond. The Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA also offers lifesaving programs and services to the community that support the human-animal bond and keep pets in homes.
What cats and kittens will be at CatCon?
The Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA will have a variety of cats and kittens of all ages. You can check out all the adoptable cats at the shelter at pasadenahumane.org.
Will I get to interact with adoptable cats?
Can I walk around CatCon with my newly adopted kitty?
For the safety of your new pet as well as our other guests, you will not be permitted to walk the floor after you’ve picked up your cat.
How long will adoptions take?
We will try to make the adoption process as quick and easy as possible.
What is the adoption fee?
We’re offering a special CatCon adoption fee of $20 for one cat or kitten, or $30 for two! #bargain!
What is the adoption process?
- Fill out an adoption profile form. Adoption profiles are available online here or, you can fill yours out at CatCon.
- Speak with a Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA adoptions specialist and let them know which cat you’d like to adopt.
- Complete your adoption. You will need to complete the adoption contract, pay the adoption fee, and go over some paperwork about your new pet.
What do I need to bring to adopt?
- Valid, government-issued I.D.
- Payment (cash or credit only)
What is included in adoption?
- A BFF who is:
- Up-to-date on age-appropriate vaccinations
- Temporary cardboard carrier
- A special gift bag with samples, coupons, and other goodies for you and your new family member from 9Lives® Cat Food and World’s Best Cat Litter™ and more CatCon partners!
Do I have to fill out an application to visit with the cats?
All are welcome to visit with the cats in the adoption center. If you decide to adopt a cat, you will need to fill out an adoption profile.
Do you do a home check?
Nope. You can take home your cat the same day as you adopt.
What should I do to prepare my home for my new cat?
We recommend you set up a starter room in your home in preparation for your new cat. Make sure it has a food and water bowl, a litter box, cat bed, toys, and a scratching post. As your cat gets used to his or her new digs, you can slowly start to introduce them to the rest of the house.
What should I expect in my cat’s first week with me?
It might take your new kitty a little time to adjust to his or her surroundings. Be patient and give your furry friend the time and space they need to feel at home with their new family.
What if I have trouble with my new cat?
You can give our free behavior helpline a call at 626.792.7151 ext. 155 or email email@example.com.
CatCon returns in 2019. More info coming soon!